DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. (AP) - A student in Douglas County helped rescue another teen who caught fire during a science experiment.
WSB-TV (http://bit.ly/15Oiytc ) reports that a student at Chapel Hill High School was making a presentation Thursday when flammable liquid unexpectedly caught fire. The girl's clothing ignited.
A science teacher threw the student to the ground and tried to extinguish the flames. WSB-TV reports that 17-year-old Will Wheeler ran over with a safety blanket and wrapped it around the girl, extinguishing the flames.
The student was burned over 25 percent of her upper body. She was taken to Grady Hospital and is expected to fully recover. The injured student's name was not released.
Information from: WSB-TV, http://www.wsbtv.com/index.html
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)