Lightning Strikes Warner Robins Home

7:30 PM, May 27, 2011   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

A large house fire started on Rosewater Drive when lightning struck Thursday evening.

SLIDESHOW: Viewer Photos of Rosewater Dr. Fire 

David Ringley said he heard a pop when lightning hit the Warner Robins home and ignited a propane tank. "I called 911 and immediately went over there. By the time I got to the house, which had been only two minutes from the sound of the first pop, the house was totally engulfed in flames."

When firefighters arrived less than five minutes after receiving the call, "Eighty percent of the structure was in flames...which is unheard of in my 21 years," says Warner Robins Fire Captain Ross Moulton.

Moulton did not know how many people were in the house but he sayd the Smalls family escaped in time and no one was hurt.

Donna Stokes, a neighbor of the Smalls, said she spoke to the family and gave them a few clothing items.

"They actually appeared to be in a state of shock," she said. "I suppose in the aftermath this morning it's probably really going to set in that they literally lost everything."

Most Watched Videos