No need for cabin fever this last weekend of January.
1. Start the weekend off with a little workout: The Macon Centreplex hosts iceskating for the last time this winter Friday-Sunday. Check their website calendar for session times.
2. If iceskating isn't your thing, head over to the Douglass Theatre in Downtown Macon for bluegrass band Monroe Crossing's performance. Show starts at 7:30 p.m., tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for students with ID.
3. Then, on Saturday, grab a seat in Central City Park to watch the Macon Love Rugby team in their season opener against the Atlanta Bucks. Kickoff is at 1 p.m.
4. If you're in Dublin, check out The Drifters, who perform at Theatre Dublin Saturday, at 7:30 p.m. Advance tickets are $23, tickets at the door are $25. Call 478-272-5870 for more information.
5. If you're still itching for another concert, try out The Woodsmen Quartet concert at Peachtree Baptist Church in Byron. Show starts Saturday at 7 p.m.
6. Ocmulgee National Monument hosts a "Glow in Park" night walk. This free activity involves walking with a ranger around the National Monument to the Great Temple Mound to see the view of downtown Macon by night. The first 50 people will receive a glow stick. Starts Saturday at 7 p.m.
7. Inspire your senses with the Flower Festival held at Christ Episcopal Church. Macon churches put together flower arrangements to put on display for the festival. Doors are open Friday, Saturday from 10-4.
8. Friday, Ben Wells performs at The Hummingbird in downtown Macon. $5 cover charge.
9. Head over to Fickling Hall on Mercer's campus to hear Vratislav Kriz, baritone, in concert with Edward Eikner, pianist. Kriz is a leading soloist at the Prague State Opera. Friday, 7:30 p.m. and is in honor of Neva Langley Fickling's birthday. Admission is free.
10. Purchase your tickets for Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley tour stop in Macon on March 14! Tickets go on sale Friday, January 25 at 10 a.m.
11. Musician and artist Paleface performs live at the Rookery Saturday. Paleface has performed alongside The Avett Brothers.
12. Attend the Georgia Statewide Immigration Conference at the Unitarian Universalit Church on High Street in Macon. Saturday, 9:30-4:30.
13. Try out Sunday brunch in downtown Macon! Head over to the legendary Grant's Lounge on Poplar St. See the menu here. Other Macon restaurants also offer Sunday brunch: Dolce Vita, The Rookery, Market City Cafe.
Have an event you'd like to see featured in 13 Things? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org