GET ANSWERS: Tracking Down Past Refund Checks

6:56 PM, Mar 7, 2011   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

In the midst of tax season, you may be working on your paperwork to beat the April 15 deadline.

But, if you realize you didn't get your refund check from previous years, you may be wondering if you'll ever see that money.

Claudia Lumas wrote to us asking, "How do I find the link to find the site to see if I am owed any money?"

The Georgia Department of Revenue site is loaded with information on filing your taxes and provides a link to see if you're owed any money from past years.

That website is

On there, you'll see a link on the left side called, "individual taxes."

It will take you to a link that asks you which taxes you're filing; click "individual."

You'll be taken to another page where you'll click, "Where's my refund?" it's located midway through the page.

At the bottom of that page, you'll see an "unclaimed refund checks link;" click that.

From there you can click the first letter of your last name, and search for your name in the list.

The Georgia Department of Revenue says the taxpayer must give their social security number and address where the check should have been mailed.

According to their website, after a check is unclaimed for three years, it is no longer valid.

After answering identification questions, the site should give you... In dollar amount, what you are owed.

If you have any questions about claiming a refund check, you can call:1-877-GADOR-11.

Most Watched Videos