Doug Stanglin, USA TODAY
-The shooting occurred Sunday during an informal or 'second line' parade
-Video shows a man in white T-shirt and dark pants fleeing the scene
-Two children received graze wounds to the body, but are in good condition
New Orleans police have released a video that shows a possible suspect in the shooting that wounded 19 people at a Mother's Day parade.
The surveillance video shows the crowd dispersing and some falling to the ground before one person in a white T-shirt and dark pants flees. The image of the man isn't clear but police say they hope someone will recognize him.
The wounded included 10 adult men and seven women as well as a boy and a girl, both 10. Remi Braden, director of public affairs for the New Orleans Police Department, said there were no fatalities and "most of the wounds are not life-threatening.''
Both children were reported in good condition with graze wounds to the body, police said, and two of the adults were in surgery. Police said many of the victims suffered graze wounds, in some cases by ricocheted bullets.
"At this point, there are no fatalities, and most of the wounds are not life threatening,'' police spokesman Garry Flot said.
Police posted still pictures of the suspect on YouTube.
Police also say the reward for information leading to arrests and indictments in the case is $10,000.
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu urged anyone with information on the "very tragic" shooting in the 7th Ward to contact authorities, The Times-Picayune newspaper reported.
"These kinds of incidents are not going to go unanswered," the mayor said Sunday evening. "We're going to be very, very aggressive. There were hundreds of people out there today. So somebody knows who did this and the way we're going to stop the violence together in this city is everybody come together. We really need help. ... We will find them."
The shots were fired at 1:47 p.m. Sunday in the area of North Villere and Frenchmen streets during what is locally referred to as "a second-line parade,'' Braden said.
TheTimes-Picayune said there were about 200 people at the event when gunfire erupted.
Second-line parades are loose processions in which people dance down the street, often following behind a brass band. They can be impromptu or planned and are sometimes described as moving block parties.
The parade included police officers and was about two blocks long, police said.
"When the end of the parade reached North Villere and Frenchmen ... shots were fired from different guns,'' Flot said in a statement. "Immediately after the shooting our officers saw three suspects running from the scene.''
Shermaine Tyler, 32, who lives nearby, told The Times-Picayune that a man collapsed onto her after being shot.
"Me and mom were going to the second line. I told her I didn't want to go because there are always shots at a second line," Tyler said. "And the second I heard shots, I heard shots fired, we ran outside and one man fell in my lap who had been shot."
A social club called The Original Big 7 organized Sunday's event. The group was founded in 1996 at a housing project, according to its MySpace page.
The neighborhood where the shooting happened was a mix of low-income and middle-class row houses, some boarded up. As of last year, the neighborhood's population was about 60% of its level before Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans in 2005.