Boston police say there is no arrest yet in Monday's Boston Marathon bombing.
Around 2:30 Wednesday, they tweeted a statement that says "Despite reports to the contrary there has not been an arrest in the Marathon attack."
Several media outlets reported earlier in the afternoon that a suspect had been arrested or was in custody.
Law enforcement agencies had earlier pleaded for the public to come forward with photos, videos or any information that might help them solve the twin bombings that killed three people and wounded more than 170 on Monday.
Investigators circulated information about the bombs, which involved kitchen pressure cookers packed with explosives, nails and other lethal shrapnel. But the FBI said nobody had claimed responsibility.
A source has reportedly told CNN that investigators believe they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings.
CNN reports that the information came from a source who has been briefed on the investigation.
They say the breakthrough came from analysis of video from a department store near the site of the second explosion.
Video from a Boston television station also contributed to the progress, said the source, who declined to be more specific but called it a significant development.
Check back with 13WMAZ.com for updates on this story today.