Electrical Problem Blamed for Fatal Ga. Fire

9:01 AM, Sep 22, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) - Authorities say an electrical problem likely is to blame for a house fire that killed a toddler in Barrow County.
 
A statement from investigators says 18-month-old Kaharma Knight was sleeping in the room where the fire began on Wednesday.
 
The Athens Banner-Herald (http://bit.ly/17S268N ) reports that the statement says an electrical failure occurred, and the blaze spread quickly inside the house.
 
An autopsy shows the child died from smoke inhalation.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Most Watched Videos