ATLANTA (WXIA) -- An employee of the Fulton County Medical Examiner's office was exposed to a spilled chemical Tuesday morning.
The employee, whose name was not released, was cleaning slides when she spilled some of the xylene she was using, according to Paul Desamours, operations manager for the Medical Examiner's office.
The woman showered and was decontaminated, but was still taken to Grady Memorial Hospital as a precaution, Desamours said.
Four of the five employees in the building at the time were evacuated as fire officials used fans to clear the office of possible fumes.
Desamours said exposure to xylene can cause irritation and breathing difficulty.