ATLANTA, Ga. (WXIA) -- Finch Elementary students reported to Kennedy Middle School for classes Tuesday after a carbon monoxide leak at their own school forced an evacuation Monday.
PHOTOS: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Atlanta School
Monday night, several parents told 11Alive's Blayne Alexander they had no intention of sending their children to school Tuesday, no matter where classes were held.
"Honestly, I want to see the carbon monoxide detectors before I let my son go back to that school," said Nina Reed. Her 5-year-old son Marquis was in his kindergarten class Monday morning when the alarm sounded.
Reed said her son told her he threw up Monday, so she took him to the emergency room Monday night for blood work.
"I was still concerned," Reed said. "He wasn't taken to the hospital [during the day], but the fact that he told me he threw up...I brought him to his doctor."
Two blocks away, fifth grader Victoria Sanders said she was feeling better after spending much of her morning in the emergency room.
Sanders said emergency personnel asked her and fellow classmates if they had headaches, upset stomachs or felt dizzy.
"My head was hurting, so I went over there and they had to check me, then I had to go to the emergency room and they gave me oxygen," she said.
The 11 year old admits she was scared, but only "a little bit."
"Because I didn't know what was gonna happen," she said. "I thought I was in danger."
Of the 50 people transported to the hospital, all 40 students were released. Eight adults were also released, but one remained at Grady Memorial Hospital Monday night. Another adult was transported to a different facility for hyperbaric treatment.
Kennedy Middle School is located at 225 James P. Brawley Drive in Atlanta.
For more information on Tuesday's classes and transportation plan, visit the Finch Elementary school website.