• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed)
• olive/vegetable oil
• 1 small (or half of large) yellow onion diced
• 1.5 pack cream cheese
• 10 taco sized tortillas
• 1 large can enchilada sauce
• bowl full of grated cheddar cheese
• optional: pepper, seasoning salt, sliced olives
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil chicken 10-12 minutes or until largest piece is white throughout (cut through center). Strain and run under cold water, shred.
2. Heat oil in large skillet just above medium. When pan is hot, add diced onion to sauté 1-2 minutes. Add cream cheese in chunks, then chicken. Keep stirred until mixture is well creamed (optional: add seasoning salt and pepper to taste).
3. Remove from heat, allow time to cool (stir under fan to speed up process). While cooling, separate tortillas onto plate and heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
4. Put 2-3 tablespoon full of chicken mixture in center of tortilla. Shape down the middle of tortilla, fold tortilla over spread and roll up (open ends).
5. Place enchilada into greased 13"x9" pan. Repeat for each tortilla, making a row of 8 enchiladas across the pan and two the long way. Enchiladas should fit snug into pan.
6. Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas, separating to allow sauce to go between enchiladas and all around.
7. Cover dish with grated cheese (optional: sliced olives all around).
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce bubbles around edges of pan.
9. Remove, let cool, enjoy!