Use this list to help you navigate the arts and culture in our area, with a heavy dose of Memorial Day events available to the public this holiday weekend.
1. Saddle up your hog for this family-friendly Memorial Day Ride from Yamaha of Byron to Andersonville Cemetery Saturday.
2. Join in on the Ingram Memorial 5K Run & Walk Saturday at Oak Hill Middle School starting at 8 a.m.
3. Monday, a Memorial Day service will honor our service members at Linwood Cemetery in Macon at 11.m.
4. A free breakfast is open to Veterans starting at 8 a.m. at American Legion Post 3 (5530 Thomaston Road in Macon) hosted by Veterans for Ellis.
5. Head over to Fort Hill Cemetery for a Memorial Day Observance Monday at noon to help honor the unmarked graves of servicemen. Call 478-742-3003 for more information. Fort Hill Cemetery is on Short Street in Macon.
6. Attend the Memorial Day Ceremony at the Georgia Veterans Memorial Day Cemetery in Milledgeville at 11 a.m. Monday. See details.
7. Take a moment to pause and reflect on what Memorial Day means, like this gentlemen will. At 3 p.m., American pause for the annual "Moment of Remembrance" to reflect on the sacrifice of fallen warriors.
8. The Carl Vinson VA Hospital in Dublin holds a Memorial Day ceremony Monday at 2 p.m. in the auditorium honoring those who have served.
9. Try hosting a fun barbecue party in your backyard like this one with corn on the cob and watermelon displayed on sticks in metal buckets on your table!
10. Kick off the weekend with a night on Cherry Street.
Friday night, you may want to check out KidSyc@Brandywine (Pronounced Kid Psych at Brandywine) at The Hummingbird. From Savannah, they perform hip hop with a live band featuring keyboards and guitars. Cover charge is $5.
11. Sunday, enjoy "Jazz in the Courtyard" at the Douglass Theatre in downtown Macon from 7-9 p.m. $5 to attend.
12. Enjoy what some would call a classic at the Cox Capitol Theatre in Downtown Macon Saturday for free. You'll be able to enjoy "Forrest Gump" on the big screen. Doors open at 6 p.m., movie starts at 7 p.m.
13. Vaguely know about Macon's music history and want to know the specifics? Try out a Rock n' Roll Stroll with Rock Candy Tours. They give a walking tour of offices and "crash pads of southern music's most legendary players." They meet at Washington Park at 9:30 a.m. Call 478-955-5997 for details.