by Gary Levin, USA TODAY
- 'Mike & Molly' benched until midseason
- Will Arnett comedy 'The Millers' to follow 'Big Bang Theory'
- Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Crazy Ones' gets Thursday 9 p.m. slot.
CBS is expanding to an eight-comedy lineup, adding four new sitcoms on Mondays and Thursdays, including Robin Williams' return to TV. But as a sign of its strength, there's just one new drama on its fall schedule, a serialized conspiracy thriller from Jerry Bruckheimer.
Among returning shows, the top-rated network will keep Mike & Molly on the bench for midseason. Person of Interest will move to Tuesdays at 10, a recent trouble spot for the network, while Hawaii Five-0, flagging on Monday, will shift to Fridays. And its best comedy time slot, behind The Big Bang Theory, will go to The Millers, a new series starring Will Arnett.
New fall series:
• Hostages, a 15-episode serialized thriller, stars Toni Collette as a surgeon whose family is abducted just before she's due to operate on the president. Dylan McDermott also stars. (It will be followed in January by Intelligence, starring Josh Holloway and Marg Helgenberger, about a gifted agent.)
• The Millers stars Arnett as a newly single guy whose parents (Margo Martindale, Beau Bridges) move in.
• We Are Men, a comedy, stars Kal Penn, Tony Shalhoub and Jerry O'Connell as a motley crew of neighbors of a young guy (Chris Smith) in an apartment complex.
• Mom stars Anna Faris as a newly sober single mom whose life is complicated by the title character (Allison Janney).
• The Crazy Ones, a comedy from producer David E. Kelley, stars Robin Wiliams and Sarah Michelle Gellar as father/daughter ad execs.
CSI: NY, Golden Boy and Vegas were among cancellations.
CBS' fall schedule, all times ET/PT (New shows in bold, new time slots in italics):
Monday: 8, How I Met Your Mother; 8:30, We Are Men; 9, 2 Broke Girls; 9:30, Mom; 10, Hostages
Tuesday: 8, NCIS; 9, NCIS: Los Angeles; 10, Person of Interest
Wednesday: 8, Survivor; 9, Criminal Minds; 10, CSI
Thursday: 8, The Big Bang Theory; 8:30, The Millers; 9, The Crazy Ones; 9:30, Two and a Half Men; 10, Elementary
Friday: 8, Undercover Boss; 9, Hawaii Five-0; 10, Blue Bloods.
Saturday: 8, Comedy repeats; 9, Drama repeats; 10, 48 Hours.
Sunday: 7, 60 Minutes; 8, The Amazing Race; 9, The Good Wife; 10, The Mentalist.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY: Spotlight on CBS CEO Les Moonves