Good new: You don't have to fight the cabin fever anymore! Spring has rounded the corner -- and maybe hit you in the face with a poof of pollen, but that's okay because there's a lot to do when Spring is in the air.
Central Georgia has plenty in store to help you ignore the yellow, especially if you're in the mood for some Spring cleaning.
1. Nothing says spring like cleaning out old junk like paperwork you don't need anymore! When you do, take it to Robins Federal Credit Union Zebulon branch for shredding Friday between 9 a.m. and noon.
2. If you can't make it to the Friday shredding event, take your yellowing files down to the Better Business Bureau's shred event on Saturday from 9-noon in the Walmart parking lot on Zebulon Road in Macon.
3. Volunteer with Milledgeville Main Street to help cleanup the town to help kick-off Georgia's Cities Week. To volunteer, show up at City Hall at 8 a.m. sharp. For details, call Carlee Schulte at 478-414-4014.
4. Friday, you can drive in for a free, outdoor showing of Disney's "Brave" at Robins Federal Credit Union in Warner Robins on Watson Blvd. at 8:30 p.m.
5. Over in Sandersville you can join in on the Pennies for Puppies Carnival Saturday at 10 a.m. In exchange for all of your spare pennies, you can enjoy carnival games and prizes, balloon animals, pet adoptions, hot dogs and popcorn.
6. Saturday, wake up bright and early, reach for your running shoes and head over to the Peach Pace 5K Road Race and 1-mile Fund Run at Lane Southern Orchards. Starts at 8 a.m.
7. Then, maybe get in a dose of theatre with the show, "My Three Angels" at Warner Robins Little Theatre. See it either Friday or Saturday at 8 p.m.
8. You can always catch a live show in Central Georgia. Saturday at 7 p.m., you can hear the "smoky, elegant" voice that is "patient at all of the right moments" vocals of Shannon Whitworth and her band. That's at Juliette Opry, $20 at the door.
9. Take a journey through Africa with the kids in downtown Macon at the (free) Pan African Festival! Festivities begin at 11 a.m. Saturday at Cherry Street Plaza. (Don't forget the Festival starts Friday with performances and other fun. Click here for details.)
10. It's Sunday Funday with Mercer Baseball! They'll take on Florida Gulf Coast University while your kids play in a bouncy castle, enjoy games, Twister, popcorn, face paint and cornhole. The free event is Sunday at 1 p.m. at Claude Smith Field on Mercer University's campus.
11. Still in the mood for some music? Hear Celtic Duo Dana Lynn and Kyle Sanna at United Methodist Church Sunday at 4 p.m. It's a free concert.
12. Are you a prom-goer in Houston County Saturday night? You may want to check out the After Prom Party at Chick-Fil-A on Watson Blvd.! Party starts at 10:30 p.m.
13. Extend your weekend with the midday Earth Day Kick-off Monday noon to 1:30pm at the Ocmulgee National Monument, organized by the Macon Clean Air Commission and the Macon-Bibb Parks & Recreation. Click the link for details on evening activities and fun for Tuesday and Wednesday.