Are you looking for music? Something to do outdoors? An engaging conversation about social justice? Maybe you'd like to stay in and watch basketball or try your hand at a cool art project. Well, we have 13 great suggestions for you in this installment of 13 Things.
1. Head to Hawkinsville Saturday to see harness racing and experience pony rides and a petting zoo at the Hawkinsville Harness Festival. Starts at 1 p.m.
2. Join the town of Rhine for their Pondtown Festival! Saturday, head to downtown Rhine for the parade at 2 p.m. Saturday night a concert features the Lacs.
3. Enjoy the weather at Lake Tobesofkee with an Autism Awareness Month Kickoff all day Saturday. There'll be a Journey Century Bike Ride and family festival. See full details.
4. Musician Louise Warren provides her acoustic stylings at Dolce Vita in downtown Macon Friday night while you enjoy dessert and your favorite people.
5. Dr. Vincent Harding, known for drafting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s 1967 anti-Vietnam War speech, delivers a speech at this community engagement series Thursday evening at 7 p.m. at the Grand Opera House. Tickets are free, advanced tickets required. Call 478-301-5470 to reserve yours.
6. Backlot Players in Forsyth present "The Tortoise and the Hare" at Rose Theater Friday at 9 a.m. Tickets are $2 a person.
7. Watch the NCAA Final Four on 13WMAZ-TV. Saturday, Louisville plays Wichita State at 6:09 p.m. and Michigan plays Syracuse at 8:49 p.m.
8. First Friday in Macon and Milledgeville. Head downtown for various community events.
9. Try a weather experiment with your child: Fill up a cup with water. Put shaving cream on top for a cloud. Then explain that when clouds get heavy with water, it rains! For this part, add blue food coloring on top, and watch it 'rain.'
10. Join The 567 for an art gallery opening, "The Joy of My Art."
Opens Friday, 6-9 p.m.
11. Welcome spring into your home with this flip-flop wreath!
12. Want a pop of color with your spring outfits but don't want to spend the money? Make your own bauble necklaces with items that might already be in your toolbox like this.
13. Join The Grand Opera House for "The Rainbow Fish" performance Tuesday at 9:30 or 11:30 a.m. $7 per person.