LOS ANGELES (AP) - A sheriff's detective says actor Robert Wagner has not consented to an interview in a renewed inquiry into the drowning death of his wife Natalie Wood more than 30 years ago.
Lt. John Corina said Thursday that detectives have interviewed more than 100 people in the re-investigation of Wood's 1981 death. Many of them hadn't been previously interviewed by investigators.
Corina says multiple attempts to interview Wagner have been rebuffed or gone unanswered. He says detectives even traveled to Colorado at one point to try to interview him.
An attorney for Wagner and his family says they have cooperated with authorities over the last 30 years and have nothing new to add to the investigation.
Detectives began re-investigating Wood's death in November 2011. A review by coroner's officials resulted in Wood's cause of death being changed to "drowning and other undetermined factors."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)