13WMAZ is currently accepting applications for a full-time SPORTS ANCHOR/MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST. This position is part of the 13WMAZ Information Center, a gatherer of news and information about Central Georgia for delivery on multiple platforms. We are the region's most-trusted provider of local sports information.
Minimum qualifications include:
• Excellent storytelling ability with the emphasis on human interest -- to make sports news compelling to all viewers and readers of 13WMAZ and 13wmaz.com.
• Expert knowledge of college and professional sports.
• Understanding the unique appeal of local sports coverage, and the drive to develop expert knowledge of scholastic sports in Central Georgia.
• Command of written and spoken English.
• Digital media skills: video photography and editing, ability to use computers, enthusiasm for creating written and multimedia content for 13wmaz.com.
Preference will be shown to a candidate with professional experience in television sports reporting and anchoring. Knowledge of ENPS and Edius video software is helpful.
No phone calls will be accepted. Interviews will be by appointment only. Applications can be obtained at the address below or on-line at www.13wmaz.com. Send resume, 13WMAZ job application and non-returnable demo DVD to:
1314 Gray Highway
Macon, Georgia 31211
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.